I’m looking at migrating to New Zealand, what are my options?

New Zealand is a popular destination for people looking to immigrate for work, study, or lifestyle reasons. Here are some of the most common temporary visa options available to individuals who want to immigrate to New Zealand:

  1. Visitor Visa: The visitor visa allows a person to stay in New Zealand for tourism, visit family or friends, or for business purposes.  If you are from a visa waiver country, you will be able to apply for the NZeTA which will allow you to enter New Zealand without a visa.

  2. Student Visa: If you want to study in New Zealand, you can apply for a student visa. To be eligible, you must have been accepted into a course of study at an approved educational institution and show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay.

  3. Accredited Employer Work Visa: If you have a job offer from an accredited New Zealand employer, you can apply for a work visa. The visa is usually valid for up to three years and can be extended if you continue to meet the requirements.  Depending on your occupation, you may be eligible to apply for residency (under the Skilled Migrant Residence – Green List) before coming to New Zealand.

  4. Family Category: If you have close family members who are New Zealand citizens or residents, you may be able to apply for a family visa. This category includes partners, dependent children, and parents of New Zealand citizens or residents.

  5. Active Investor Plus Visa: If you have at least NZD $15 million or the weighted equivalent in available assets or funds to invest in New Zealand, you may be eligible for an Active Investor Plus Visa. This visa is for people who want to invest in New Zealand for a period of at least 48 months.

It is important to note that each immigration option has specific requirements and eligibility criteria that must be met. It is recommended that you consult with a Specialist Immigration Lawyer to determine the best option for your individual circumstances.  Contact Michelle today.


I’ve been served a Deportation Liability Questionnaire, what should I do?


Employer Accreditation and Job Check applications